Oil Heat Benefits For New Massachusetts Homeowners
If You’re New In Town, Count On Us For Your Oil Heating Needs!
Are you looking at buying a home here in the South Shore area of Massachusetts? Whether you are a native or a newcomer, congratulations and we look forward to welcoming you to the neighborhood! It is a busy time for you. House-hunting and buying is a demanding process, and it has become even more during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As you go through the process of buying—and moving into—your new home, there are many things you need to do. And if you’re new home is fueled by heating oil, there are some specific things you need to know about.
Frank Lamparelli is your one-stop shop for oil heating, from reliable delivery of cleaner-burning Bioheat® to expert installation, maintenance, and repairs of oil-fired furnaces and boilers. Let’s fill you in on some important details of your oil heated home—and the impacts they’ll have on you as a homeowner.
Choosing An Oil-Heated Home
Between flooring options and finishes, one of the biggest considerations on your plate should be your home’s heating system.
Many homeowners don’t think about this when evaluating their home initially, but it is an important aspect of anyone’s lifestyle, especially if you live in an area with exceptionally harsh winter weather (much like the one we’re in the midst of right now!). Heating systems not only factor into the comfort of your home during the colder months, but they also add to your monthly cost of living, typically accounting for over 40% percent of the average American’s heating bill.
Benefits Vs. Other Fuels
Nowadays, we hear many folks initially think of oil heating as an “outdated” method. However, the truth is home heating oil systems can offer several benefits over other heating alternatives like electricity or natural gas:
- Lower Costs—On average, oil heating prices are 2x to 5x times lower than electric-based heating prices. Older gas furnaces can be much more expensive to run than oil-based systems as well.
- Budget-Friendly—Most people familiar with natural gas systems are accustomed to paying for what they use each month, which is why many homeowners balk at the prospect of oil heating—when all that usage piles up in 3 to 4 months out of the year. However, by enrolling in our Budget Plan, you can easily spread out your monthly payments over a 12-month period of time!
- Clean Burning—Many people think of oil burning and remember the mid-20th century, where oil furnaces produced smoke and soot, contributing to air pollution. However, technology has completely changed the face of oil heating. Today, oil heat burns 95 percent cleaner than it did in 1970, and it now falls well within the Environmental Protection Agency’s air pollution standards. In fact, Frank Lamparelli only uses B20 Bioheat® fuel, which contains 80 percent less sulfur dioxide, up to 30 percent less nitrogen dioxide, and 20 percent less carbon dioxide than “traditional” No.2 heating oil.
- Higher Efficiency—Heating oil is able to burn 300 degrees hotter than natural gas. This means your heating system is more powerful and more efficient than some of the top alternatives, such as natural gas and electricity.
- Longevity—Replacing any heating system can be frustratingly expensive, regardless of whether it is an oil, propane, electric or natural gas system. Thankfully, oil-based heating systems often enjoy much longer lifespans than their propane or natural gas counterparts, lasting 30 years or more on average, with storage tanks lasting upwards of 15 years.
We’re glad to answer any questions you have about oil heating and our services, so feel free to get in touch with us as you make your way through the homebuying process. We’ll be happy to help!
Become a Frank Lamparelli customer for heating oil service—and so much more—that you can count on for life!